The A-to-Z Customer
What is Customer Experience (CX)?
In a nutshell, it’s the total experience that an individual customer will have with a business over the lifecycle of their interactions. Essentially this is all of the customer’s perceptions, thoughts and related emotions caused by either a once-off or cumulative effect of interactions with your employees, systems and channels, as well as your services or products. By developing and implementing a robust customer experience strategy, a business will be able to reap increased customer loyalty and encourage repeat sales.
This is why it’s so important to proactively create great customer experience strategies for your enterprise. Without the necessary CX journey mapping and design, it can be impossible to predict the customer lifecycle stages that you will need to cater for in order to encourage ongoing customer loyalty. When considering how to improve your current CX strategy, you will need to ask yourself what experience have you got in delivering great customer service?
For example, your employees may be wonderful at knowing how to deal with a difficult customer but this won’t translate into a robust CX strategy for all customer types. The first step is to understand how your brand is being perceived by the individuals that interact with it. Then you will need to analyse every point of interaction a customer has with the brand and refine it. Gaining these deeper insights into the constantly evolving customer journeys that are relevant to your business model will prove invaluable to your future. But how?!
5 Ways to Improve Customer Experience
Organisations are finally realising that customer satisfaction isn’t just an optional extra. Customer loyalty is a proven driver of bottom line results. In fact, it’s the single most important part of building a sustainable business:
- Training for you and your team is crucial if you want to become a leader in CX. You need to ensure that you are trained in CX strategies and that you provide this training to your team. This should serve the purpose of outlining your business’s CX touchpoints and protocols. Once everyone is on the same page it will ensure good experiences for your customers.
- Research is important in all aspects of business but by researching what your customers want, you can build your business on solid foundations. Any customer research is beneficial and will give you insight into how people want to engage with your business specifically. This knowledge will inform the steps you need to take to keep them interested long-term.
- Customer Journey Mapping allows you to understand all of the elements that make up a quality customer experience. This work needs to be done before you complete your strategy as it will form the blueprint for all of the customer experience refining that you undertake.
- Strategy is one of the most efficient ways to check if you have covered all bases when it comes to CX. A business that has a clearly defined customer experience strategy is more likely to retain customers and consistently deliver a quality service.
- CX experts are a great choice when you don’t have the time or know-how to develop a CX plan inhouse. These professionals can undertake research, map out your customer experience journey and will work with you to come up with a clear strategy that can be used to train your team.
Customer experience doesn’t need to be a headache. When you follow our advice, your business will end up with a robust and detailed plan of how to best serve your customers. Then you can retain the people that mean the most to your ongoing business success. Contact us today!
In order to create memorable experiences that lead to loyal customers, you need to consider the entire customer journey. Our experience redesign courses will help you navigate your way through this complex but essential process.
“We take most of the money that we could have spent on paid advertising and instead put it back into the customer experience.” Tony Hsieh, CEO, Zappos
‘They live what they stand for, setting an excellent example of creating good customer experiences. The nlighten team are good communicators, making sure they remain top of mind. They are incredibly professional and efficient. We appreciate nlighten’s high standards.’